Tuesday 17 July 2007

My first illusion knit!

The dyed silk looks fantastic, but am waiting until I have my ball winder before I post pics of it ;-) While untangling a mess of yarn waiting to be dyed, I decided to make Elana a fleur-de-lys illusion knit - it'll feel nicer than the brand she wants..

I started last night and finished this afternoon, while watching a marathon of Grey's Anatomy and 24..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She liked it :-) Shame it was in pink instead of black and gold, but I needed yarn that was the same and for some reason only had it in shades of pink (?!).

Was lots of fun to do - I can totally see how it works but it amazes me that someone figured it out. I think a Dark Mark scarf for Jo is calling...

No comments: